The life of Don Julio González was defined, above all else, by passion. It is this passion that inspired us to create a unique experience for handmade, custom, guest created margaritas.
A self-contained, tableside margarita tray experience allows customers to create their own margarita experience.
The tray is designed to carry the garnishes, flavor enhancers (fruits, herbs, etc.) as well as a cocktail shaker, glassware and tools. An interactive table experience that helps consumers understand the art of the cocktail.
This “Make Your Own Margarita” program features a custom Don Julio Tableside Margarita Tray that completely capitalizes on the current handmade, fresh-ingredients trend. The unique tray allows servers and restaurant staff to offer a custom margarita the guest will enjoy because the guest helped create it. At the same time, staff gets the opportunity to fully engage the guest with this fun, one-on-one experience. For added delight and entertainment, the guest dictates their desired profile, watches as the staff custom creates and shakes the mixer to their enjoyment. The tableside margarita will be a memorable restaurant experience.
CREATES 56-70 DIFFERENT MARGARITA POSSIBILITIES.
1½ oz. Don Julio Tequila
¾ oz. Grand Marnier
½ oz. fresh lime juice
½ oz. simple syrup
For 2 person serve, double the base.
Three ingredients yields 56 different margarita possibilities.
Four ingredients yields 70 different margarita possibilities.
*Ingredients listed have a shelf life of at least 1 day kept properly stored in a refrigerator. Select trendy berries and herbs that are fresh with each season.
How it works
The tableside tray is a custom, free-standing design with cut-outs to hold the glassware and handles for easy carrying. The acrylic material makes the tray portable and easy to clean.
Watch the video below and see how the tray works.
- The Tableside Tray is kept in the walk-in cooler or in the cooler behind the bar with a food grade plastic wrap over it to protect from contamination.
- When a guest orders a Tableside Margarita, the bartender retrieves the tray with pre-prepped garnishes, removes the covering and replenishes any garnishes, if necessary.
- The bartender mixes the “margarita base” (see below) in the shaker and places on the tray along with cocktail glasses (salt rim if requested by guest).
- When the server calls for pick-up, the bartender adds a fresh scoop of ice to the shaker.
- The server delivers the tray to the guest’s table.
- At the table, the server engages guests and determines what ingredients they would like in their custom margarita (We recommend a maximum of 3-4 ingredients for flavor consistency, controlling costs and simplicity.)
- Following food handling regulations, the server uses tongs to add ingredients to the shaker.
- After adding ingredients, the server shakes the margarita and pours it straight into the glassware (no straining).
TEQUILA DON JULIO BLANCO
Using the finest raw agave and a time honored distillation process, Tequila Don Julio Blanco is tequila in its truest form.
Tequila Don Julio Blanco is the base from which all of our other variants are derived. Commonly referred to as “silver” tequila, its crisp agave flavor and hints of citrus make it an essential component to a variety of innovative drinks including margaritas.
The Tray & Parts
To stimulate sales, awareness and encourage trial, the following materials can be prepared for the launch.
THE TRAY & PARTS:
The cutouts were built to fit most back bar tools and glassware to lower the need for new SKU items. A list of suggestions are provided here.
- Tableside Margarita Tray: 11.5”x15”
- Cocktail Shaker (1): 24, 28 or 32 oz.
- Margarita Glassware (2): 8.25 to 16 oz.
- Ingredient/Garnish Glassware (8)
- Garnish Tongs (1)
- Muddler (1): If Desired
4 WALLS CAMPAIGN:
- Beverage Menu Insert
- Window Clings
- Table Tents
- Additional options upon request